Swagbucks is one of the best earners as they large amounts and have many things you can do to earn those points (called Swagbucks/SBs). Here's a few tips for how to maximize your earnings without doing tons of surveys you won't qualify for and with any purchasing optional!
- v2.1: February 18th, 2017
- Added more detail to EngageMe info
- Updated nCraves to mention Discovery playlist is not available right now.
- v2: December 26th, 2016
- Info about downgrading apps
- Added EngageMe.TV and Search tips
- Moved Watch to a new Old Tips section since I no longer do it.
- nCrave tips now mention Chrome disabling Flash by default and that I use the Discovery playlist
- v1: November 1st, 2016
- New info about the updated ToolbarTV and nCraves
- v0: October 22nd, 2016
- Moved from main Money page
Swagbucks has many mobile apps on both iOS and Android. They are some of the best ways to earn and each app is just videos that you can continuously play in the background on mute!
- Run all of them! There's 6 apps and each can get you between 10-30 SB! Plus they all have bonus rounds so some days can be way better.
- Don't just play the videos on the front page or a specific section! Find the shortest possible video and favorite it (long press and tap "Add to Favorites". You can then click the one video in Favorites and it will loop it over and over. Since the shortest videos on each app range from 8 seconds to 30 seconds, you will bust through all the apps in no time and get the maximum earnings.
- Do multiple apps at once! If you have more than one mobile device, run as many of the apps at once as you can! Just make sure you don't run the same app at the same time as they could detect that and ban you, so only 1 of each of the 6 apps at a time but all 6 can be run together.
- Sometimes they release updates that don't work so well. (As of this update, the September versions work better than the current December ones.) You can work around this by uninstalling the app, downloading and installing the old APK (Android only, APKPure is a good, safe source), and making sure to disable auto-update in the Play Store.
Under the Adscend Media Offer Wall (otherwise known as AdWall), do any of the EngageMe.TV offers. These are on other sites also but SB has one of the best videos watched to earnings ratios.
The Flash powered ones like App Trailers are more resource intensive but do get you more ads so try to run them if possible. If you can't, the HTML5 ones like How-To and Gaming work also.
Swagbucks has a section called nCraves which has some that autoplay. These are great if you are going to walk away for a while.
- Use the Flashcontrol extension to prevent Flash from loading as your computer can get really bad with the Flash enabled OR disable Flash completely by going to chrome://plugins on Chrome-based browsers (Chrome, Chromium, Opera, Vivaldi, etc., not sure about Firefox or other browsers)
- On any newer Chrome version (v55+), Flash is now auto-blocked for all sites by default so you don't have to worry about this.
- Only do the ones with the Auto symbol on them (the blue circles with circle arrow or play button inside)
- Higher Value ones will take longer (good if you need to leave) but smaller value ones will ultimately earn you more.
- If you see a Happy Hour nCrave, do it! They are high value ones but with shorter time lengths!
The best playlist right now is the "Discovery" one (It's called "Earn up to 50SB or More!" and is worth 1 SB) Although it's only 1 SB, it requires almost no interaction and most days it's stable enough to run the whole day without needing to check on it. Currently unavailable.
- Swag Codes are easy points if you get them in time. http://sbcodez.com and the Swagbucks Subreddit posts them as soon as they come out and they have ways to get SMS/Push notifications of new codes.
- Check your Inbox for simple ways to earn more! They often have messages called "Watch and Earn" which are super simple and you just watch a short video to do it.
- The Daily Poll takes a few seconds and gets you 1SB everyday!
- Use Swagbucks as your search engine to have a chance to get some SBs on your normal searches.
Some of my tips have become invalid so I no longer recommend doing these! They are merely here for archival purposes.
SwagButton Watch / ToolbarTV
The SwagButton (their Chrome/Firefox addon) has a section called Watch which pays 3SB for about 20-50 videos.
I no longer recommend it because they now force Flash and all videos are TV episodes from Hulu (so long and not available for non-US users). Below is the old info:
- Only do IGN and Epicourus as the rest are way too long or buggy!
- You can do two both of them at the same time on two computers.
- Use the ToolbarTV link instead of the addon! The SwagButton Watch section actually pulls up this URL (http://toolbartv.swagbucks.com). Using that URL is preferred as you don't need the extension installed (which can slow your machine down badly) and if you're using Chrome, you can mute tabs but not popups so this allows you to mute it without muting your whole computer.